The Good in Trials

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Romans 8:28 (Print via Pera Press on Etsy)

When I am going through a trial in life I tend to focus on the negative. Don't we all? Trials are tiring, frustrating, and downright difficult. This past week has been a hard one for us. On Friday I had a doctor's appointment to discuss blood test results at which we received not-so-great news. On Saturday I started more hormone medication which is lovely as you can imagine {insert sarcasm}. Finally as if things weren't already emotional enough, Sunday would have been the day our baby that was lost was due.

So where is the good in this? I'm not gonna lie, it's NOT easy to find it. The negative is so much more obvious. I am in no way a super human that is able to instantly say "Oh well. I'll look at the bright side" when hard times come my way. I don't know if you noticed that this post is being written on Wednesday... that means it's taken me a few days to get to this point. It takes time, but I believe if you keep your eyes open that God will show you a glimpse of light even in the darkest of nights.

Today I feel like I understand a few of the reasons why He is allowing our situation to happen. No, that doesn't make the pain go away and it doesn't make me automatically "happy, happy, happy", but it does give me hope. It makes me realize that this isn't for nothing. There is a reason for all of it.

Thank goodness for these moments of sunshine in the middle of this storm... they are the best.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you! If you ever have questions about all the hormones/treatments you can ask me!! We did clomid, femara, injections, and finally invitro! I traveled that road for a few years :( praying for your miracle!
    Juliann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs