Treasure Every Second

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Friday morning started out like any other day. I had a dentist appointment at 8:00 and was home by 9:00. I opened my computer to get to work responding to Etsy messages.

About 15 minutes into my work day I got a call from My Lovie. But when I answered the voice on the other end was not a familiar one. It was one of Darren's coworkers. I immediately knew something was wrong. He just said that Darren had been hit in the head with something and that I needed to get there as soon as I could because they were taking him to the hospital. I didn't ask any questions... I just got in my car and drove. I was so afraid, but I was trying to stay strong. The 60 minute drive to the hospital seemed like 10 hours. All I could think about was him hugging me goodbye that morning. I wished I would have held him a little longer.....

By some miracle, he was fine when I arrived. The nurses said they were shocked because apparently he was not doing well when he was first admitted. He had to be carried into the hospital because he couldn't stand and was bleeding pretty badly. He must have looked kind of horrible because other patients in the emergency room were asking the nurses if he was going to die. Thankfully at the end of this scary ordeal he just needed 6 stitches right above his eye. That is pretty amazing considering he was hit with a 10 ton hydraulic metal jack that flew through the air at his face.

It just goes to show you that you never know what a day is going to hold. Treasure every minute with the ones you love.

Oh... and here is the aftermath of it all. Isn't he cute?! Love the angry face. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs